Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Jordan, Enjoy your Independence while it lasts....


Those who know me and follow my blog know that I am a teacher, I teach the next generation, I am building the future, I am..... never mind that is not the issue and I am not the center of the universe and the world does not revolve around me I only have to do my job..

As a music teacher at a very important school in Amman the music department is preparing for the independence day event that almost all grade levels will participate in, yesterday when I had one of my classes a students came to me and asked:

Student #1: " Miss so, we are doing two events one for the independence day and the other one for عيد الاستقلال؟" 
Me: **I stared at him for 10 seconds**
Student #2: " Miss, Whats the difference between the Independence day and عيد الاستقلال؟"
Me: Oh, you don't know? the Independence day is on the 25th of may while عيد الاستقلال في يوم 25 ايار.
Students#1: " Oh, I did not know that." 

It's better done in a different way when "youth" don't know the difference between the Independence day and عيد الاستقلال  its no longer a matter of education, knowledge, or understanding, its a matter of national security and a nation's future driven down the path of the unknown towards the unknown !

To whom it may concern, 

نحن الشباب لنا الغد  ومجده المخلد
 نحن الشباب شعارنا على الزمن عاش الوطن ..
 عاش الوطن بعنا له يوم المحن أرواحنا بلا ثمن
 يا وطني عداك دم مثل كمن يرعى الذمم
 علمتنا كيف الشمم و كيف يرفع العلم
 نحن الشباب السفح و الجداول و الحقل و السنابل
 و ما بنى الأوائل نحن له معاقل
الدين في قلوبنا و النور في عيوننا و الحق في يميننا
 و الغار في جبيننا نحن الشباب لنا الغد 



Are you serious?
given the text above would you please define the BOLD words!


No comments: