Tuesday, January 02, 2007

To share...

One of my best friends from Palestine Wisam Jibran came to Jordan the day before yesterday, did a small concert in Maqha Jafra down town. He gave me a copy of his poetry book he wrote a couple of years ago, which really touched me because he means the world to me now so is his book! I started reading it and I though about translating some of what he has written for you to read :) the name of the book is called Rateela2 (historical name for a cave) and whenever I find time I'll translate a bit more! I just hope that my translation will fulfill its original meaning!!

History is an Action. A myth is a desire.
History is an arrow dragging the conquerors feather over the leaves of the remaining time.
A myth is a dream racing the wind... The wind is an awaking, this is how an autumn whispered after a fire of a long summer.

Beside an opening of a cave I sat down and wove my strings, and I saw a future, a future where the myth mingled with history, and I was the desire, and I was the action, and I was the only witness....
History is a tale of existing, a myth is a tale of authority and influencing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am sorry but i did not understand it, not because of the translation :-) but i think it is hard to understand in arabic too, when you say myth do you mean Ostora اسطورة؟

Hind Sabanekh said...

yes you're right! ostura!