Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Whats Amman Symphony Orchestra (ASO) Up To??




Tomorrow Amman Symphony Orchestra will be launched at 8.30 at the King Hussein Cultural Center.. Unfortunately there isn't any tickets nor invitations for all of you to attend! Any ways today was the General rehearsal for the program, the Orchestra is going to perform its First performance as the Amman Symphony Orchestra playing Mozart, Strauss, Dvorak, Brahms and more!

The National Music Conservatory(NMC) Arabic Music Ensemble will Perform a number of classical Arabic selections including Al-laylu ya layla Solo: Nizar Faris, Rij3at layali Zaman Solo (a young girl i don't know her first name but family name is sam3an)

Also the NMC string ensemble will perform Thikrayati(QASABJI) and Longa Ryadh (Ryadh al Sunbati)

Hopefully it'll all work well it was a total chaos today at the general rehearsal!! We were all over each other and we finished around 10.30!!

here are some pics of the general:

they're not that good, but they'll do i guess!



the ASO small but nice and hopefully musically active

conducted by Mohammed Othman Siddiq



to the left is the Arabic Music Ensemble.. In the concert two soloists will be siniging with them and the (Mahabeesh) will play with them one of the Jordanian traditional songs Reedaha.. (for all of you that don't know what a Mehbash is its an old instrument used to grind coffee been in the past and due to the fact you use the act of grinding (beating with a stick) we conceder it some how a traditional percussion instrument) conducted by Sakher Hattar

anyways i wish i could post some more! Its taking me ages I'm on dialup (still)!!! I don't know if I'll take pictures tomorrow I'll try my best! Wish us luck.. :) we need it, inshalla we'll get good funding for this orchestra! Amman must be proud to finally have an activity that puts Jordan on the world's musical map! Although its small, its better than nothing! Good luck ASO love you all see you tomorrow :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember to take plenty of pictures and some videos from the show :)
(please ::poppy-eyes::)

Hind Sabanekh said...

lol poppy-eyes! hehe. popeyes was one of my ancestors! (nevermind the spelling) lol thats why i ended up sabanekh! oh about the picture thingy part! i'll try my best though i doubt that i can! we have to be on stage all the time! and after the concert in the reception i'm playing with a brass quintet! but i'll try my best dude :)

Unknown said...

hi hind

im not music expert but i enjoyed the concert... i read your name in the program... you are guys so goooood...

Hind Sabanekh said...

Nidal, thank you so much for the comment, glad you enjoyed the concert! you made my day with your comment :)

Unknown said...

u r welcome... but y im feeling that u r making fun of it...

Unknown said...

bhagu r welcome... but y im feeling that u r making fun of it...

Hind Sabanekh said...

Nidal, Not at all, I'm not making fun of it believe me! and i'm sorry if i gave you that feeling! :) i'm really glad that you commented about it! it actually drew a smile on m y face when i read your comment! because now i'm sure that we were good and that not only us the orchestra memberes are talking about us alone :) (hope you got my point of view)

Unknown said...

hehe... glad to hear that :)

Alaina Smith said...

Hi there! I live in Amman as well and am trying to find out more info on the symphony. I have been a serious flautist for many years and am wondering if the symphony is in need of any? Could you let me know what the schedule is like especially leading up to concerts as well as travel? I would so appreicate any info I can get! Thank you very much! I really enjoyed your blog as well. ;-)